I just discovered a great new (?) feature of Google Scholar called author profiles.
There a two great benefits:
- You can “follow” authors and automatically get an email alert whenever they have published a paper, in my opinion a great way to keep track of what is going on in your research field.
- You can “follow” citations of authors and for instance automatically get an email alert when somebody cites your paper.
A minor but still interesting point is that you can create a public or private author profile where
- all your publications are listed,
- metrics like citation count, h-index, i10-index and so on are computed,
- and you can enter a link to your current website.